Imitation Crab Puffs

One of my super fun and crafty friends has an annual Oscar party that includes theme food and Oscar Bingo! It's a very fun party every year, and there are always inventive snacks. 

This year I brought Imitation Crab Puffs for The Imitation Game! They were super easy to make, and quite tasty, if I do say so myself!  The trickiest part was playing with the Phyllo dough, which was easy enough to cover up... I just ate the ugly ones...

Ingredients

2 8-oz packages cream cheese
1/4 C sour cream
1/2 onion, minced (I used part of a red onion and part of a white onion because that's what I had!)
2 tsp garlic salt
2 Tbsp white sugar
1 lb imitation crab meat, chopped finely
1/2 package Phyllo dough

How To

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine all ingredients (except crab and dough) in a bowl until mixed. Add the chopped crab meat by lightly stirring. 
Cut a piece of Phyllo dough in half and put about a tablespoon or a little less on one corner - then fold it like a flag, going in triangles until it's all wrapped up! Use cooking spray to "seal" the edges.
Once you have enough to fill a baking sheet, spray the tops with cooking spray (this helps brown them and make them a little less papery), and bake for 15 minutes. 
Serve immediately! (Or do as I did - put in the fridge and reheat later - still good!!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy New Dining Room!

Easy Custom Tufted Bed

Peach Upside Down Cornbread Cake