Pick Your Poisson!!

I am on a fish kick this week (yay Weight Watchers!) and I made a SUPER tasty meal last night with some "what's in my kitchen?" tricks up my sleeve!!

We had butternut squash "fries" and kind of a Mexican street corn-style fish that ended up being super flavorful and obscenely healthy.

Ingredients (2 Servings)


Butternut squash zigzags (thanks HEB! Pre-cut and washed!!)
2 tsp olive oil
Seasoning: I used garlic salt, a "chip dip" seasoning that I scrounged around for, some Cayenne pepper, cumin, and cinnamon
1/2 lb white fish (we used cod)
2 oz (or less) cream cheese
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 avocado
Cilantro for garnish
Salt & pepper to taste

How To


Preheat oven to 400. Put the squash in a bowl and drizzle the 2 tsp of olive oil and shake it around. Add the seasoning, just some shakes here and there until it smells yummy! Plop those in the oven (frankly, I overcooked them - clearly, by the looks of the picture - but I thought cooking for 30 min seemed reasonable! So bake a little less than that!). Meanwhile, in a little blender or food processor, mix the cream cheese, lemon juice, and 2 garlic cloves and pulse until it's a nice little sauce. Salt and pepper the fish, and then cover it with the sauce on a greased cookie sheet - I only used half, which made this lower in points!! Sprinkle some cayenne pepper over the top, and wait while increasing the oven temp to 450. Once the oven is good to go, take out the squash and add in the fish. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, and feel free to throw that squash back in to bake... or wait and bake it at 450 for shorter time, which is frankly the better option ;)

Lastly, chop up some cilantro for garnish, slice that avocado and sprinkle with whatever seasoning you like, and serve! This meal was ONLY 6 points!! That is just unheard of. And the cutest thing has been how many times, even the next day, that Ted has told me I'm such a great cook and he wants to eat that fish again ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy New Dining Room!

Easy Custom Tufted Bed

Easter/Halloween Baby Announcement!