Cilantro Lime Summer Salad

I am trying SO HARD to be healthy and it is really difficult if you're not that into salads, so I treated forced myself to go to Ikea on a shopping trip for some salad dressing containers! (Any excuse, really!!) I came across this easy and yummy cilantro lime vinaigrette recipe and it's really making me enjoy my summer salads!!

Ingredients


Dressing:

1 cup loosely packed cilantro
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup lime juice (~2 limes)
1/2 jalapeno, coarsely chopped (optional)
1 small clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste


Salad:

Baby kale (or other greens of choice)
Mango
Avocado
Jicama
Chicken breast
Cayenne pepper
Cumin
Cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste

How To


For the dressing, just put all of your items in a food processor and blend until smooth! Done!!! For the salad, I really prefer "restaurant-style" salads that are all chopped and dressed, so I chopped up the greens nice and bite-sized, peeled and sliced the jicama, mango, and avocado, and then tossed those in the salad dressing together. I sauteed the chicken with some cayenne, cumin, and a dash of cinnamon to give it some oomph, and then sliced it and served the salad with the chicken on top.

SO EASY and so yummy and summery. I've had it twice already this week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy New Dining Room!

Easy Custom Tufted Bed

Easter/Halloween Baby Announcement!