Fancy New Dining Room!

For the past year and a half I have been planning on sewing new chair covers... when Ted and I moved in together, it was Thanksgiving and we were hosting my family THE DAY I MOVED IN, which was QUITE a (stressful) Big Deal! We bought an amazing table at West Elm that perfectly fit our dining room (square, not elongated or I would've bought a super cute farm table!) - however, chairs are quite pricey, so we decided to go to Ikea and get a cheaper set of dining chairs. When we bought the chairs, we also stopped by a fabric store and ordered some super cute fabric which "we" planned on covering the chairs with! Before today, I had made 2 (TWO!!) because apparently I'm lazy and can't make myself work harder than I should! It takes approximately 1-2 hours to make a chair cover, because despite these things being relatively self-explanatory, they're a bit tricky!

How To:


Buy a chair cover that's meant to cover the chair ($10 at Ikea!!) and tear it apart!
Use the torn-up "pattern" to create new covers - the only tricky party is making sure you go with the pattern of the fabric, if there is one (ours was trees so it was noticeable!)
Pin it together wrong sides together on the chair to be certain everything is lined up properly. 
Before!

After!
It ends up being a little pricier than you'd think, but still less than purchasing "custom" chairs at West Elm!
I painted the walls dark gray and we'll be adding some shelves and pictures, and this room is DONE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Custom Tufted Bed

Easter/Halloween Baby Announcement!