Signature Cocktails!

Ted and I have 48 days until our wedding, and are coming into the final planning stages!  Today's plan? Taste testing our signature cocktails!!  We decided that in order to save money without cutting something we enjoy, to limit our drink selection to just a few that make us happy! Along with beer and bubbly, we're going to be serving two tasty tipples!

ilovemargaritas

The first is named after yours truly as this was my screen name on OKCupid where we met! I DO love margaritas, so OF COURSE they're going to be at my wedding!! Last week we infused some alcohol, and being a Texas gal, I made some jalapeno tequila! Since this was our first time infusing, I tried just one jalapeno sliced up and stored in the tequila overnight. The next day I strained it (spilled it, oops), sniffed it and gave it my approval! We'll see tonight how it goes ;)

Ingredients:

2 parts jalapeno tequila
1.5 part orange liqueur
1 part lime juice
2 parts orange juice
splash of sprite
2 parts sweet & sour mix

the_ingles

The second drink is named after Ted since it was his screen name on OKCupid! The drink itself is actually a Hemingway Daiquiri, but "For Whom the Bell Tolls" was written by Hemingway, and "the Ingles" is a character in that book, so voila! A signature cocktail is made! For Ted's infusion we used grapefruit (I was enrolled in the fruit of the month club at work and fortuitously enough received a box of grapefruits last week which were EXCELLENT! And handy for infusing!!) and light rum.  We tried 1/2 of a grapefruit, sliced it up (peel included), and let it soak for 3 days, shaking the container every so often!

Ingredients:
1 part grapefruit juice
1 part maraschino liqueur
3 parts light rum
1.5 parts lime juice

Verdict: 

It turned out wonderfully tasty! We were very pleased with both drinks, but they were a bit strong... I think at the wedding, I'll do a little more mixer and a little less alcohol so we don't have a bunch of early departures and drunken fools!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy New Dining Room!

Easy Custom Tufted Bed

Peach Upside Down Cornbread Cake