Septemberfest!


Tonight I decided I really wanted to make bread but also didn't want to spend that much time on it - you may think I'm lazy, but I'll call it "observing Labor Day"! I found an incredibly easy recipe here!

Ingredients:

3 cups flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 (12 ounce) can beer
1/4 cup melted butter

How to:

Preheat oven to 375
Stir together dry ingredients
Add can of beer
Pour melted butter on top
Bake for 1 hour! Easy peasy!

The beer I used was Austin Beerworks Black Thunder and it made it delightfully sweet and tasty. The recipe has "updates" from the creator who mentions that sifting your  flour is key - this is why all of my previous loaves of bread could be used as a weapon! I don't have a sifter!! But they recommend an alternative - using a spoon to "sift" (pour/shake) the flour into a measuring cup, and so far, after several hours (we'll see tomorrow, though!), it is still soft and delish! Hooray!!


We served it alongside sausage, mustard, grilled onions, and Gouda for our not-quite Oktoberfest meal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy New Dining Room!

Easy Custom Tufted Bed

Fetus Fiesta!