Marinated Pork Tenderloin

First of all, THANK YOU, dear reader, for sticking it out with me for 100 posts!! Hooray!! Who knew I had that much to say?? I hope you've enjoyed reading Katie-Did as much as I enjoy making snacks n' crafts :)

Now to the good stuff... as you all know, I had a baby and frankly haven't had much time to make fancy meals, like something with more than one side. I decided to switch it up last night and made a marinated and grilled pork tenderloin, watermelon feta salad, baked potato, and super easy marinated mushrooms. The mushrooms don't even require a recipe - just melt some butter with some minced garlic, throw in the mushrooms, add some red wine, some soy sauce, some Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and wait until they're done. SO easy and tasty and an old family favorite! 

The pork, though - that is where I get excited, because we have been on a shrimp or chicken kick and we needed a change! Before work yesterday, I realized we'd forgotten to marinate the meat - this is how quick this is!! I just threw together the ingredients while Ted got the baby ready, and out the door we all scooted while the meat became magical!

Ingredients

1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C soy sauce
2 Tbsp Sherry 
1 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pinch garlic powder (I didn't have any of this - yet I had Sherry, go figure, so I just used a little dry BBQ rub and it worked great!)
2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloins **We had just one pork tenderloin, but I went ahead and used the same amount for the marinade since I was in a rush and didn't want to do math!

While Ted was at the gym, Ruby was asleep, and I was with my wine, I went ahead and put the potatoes in the oven and mixed the salad dressing. Then I lazed about, waited until he got home, poured him a bit of wine, too, and out to the grill he went! It took around 20-30 minutes to cook, and that was plenty of time for me to assemble the salad, make the mushrooms, and top off my glass! 

I'm so happy that even though we feel like we don't have time to eat nice meals anymore, that's just a lie we've been telling ourselves to be lazy. And frankly, this was one healthy meal, AND we have enough for leftovers tonight, yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy New Dining Room!

Easy Custom Tufted Bed

Easter/Halloween Baby Announcement!