We have some amazing friends who just had a baby and were understandably a bit busy, so we decided to bring them a home cooked meal! We made them a slightly altered version of this mac n' cheese (truffle salt instead of truffle oil, lump crab meat instead of scallops, jumbo-sized instead of personal-sized!), and a barely modified version of this watermelon feta salad (basil instead of mint! They both work!!), and of course wine - all parents need a bit of help sometimes ;)
But, while thinking of what to plan for them, I realized, "hey, we ALSO have a baby!!! Where am I getting any more time??" And that's when I came across this insanely easy recipe for dump cake.
"Dump Cake, what a terrible name!" you might be saying... (I did...) Well you just dump all of the ingredients in together, and DONE. Should be called Done Cake, so easy.
- Grease bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Pour in yellow cake mix (dry).
- Pour can of peaches over cake mix. **I read the comments AFTER making this, and I think in the future, I would either stir them together, or just stir it/poke it part-way through baking, because we still had dry cake mix at the bottom of the pan!!
- Melt butter and pour over the top of the peaches and cake mix.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350° for 40+ minutes or until bubbly. (We baked it probably 60 minutes.)
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!