Valentine's Day Baby Brunch

We have our little one in a fun little day care at a wonderful woman's home, and she wanted to do something special for the babies! But what do you make for 1 year old kids since most of them aren't eating sugar?? 

I have been on an omelet kick for Ruby - I send her to "school" with little muffin-tin sized omelets each week in a baggie, so I thought, "hey, I could make these and use a cookie cutter to make them heart-shaped!" And I DID!!!

It is so easy - just mix up whatever veggies/protein/dairy you like, and some eggs and milk, and bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. I sauteed some red pepper, mushrooms, and bacon, added cheese (it's a special occasion!), and heated them up in some small flat cake pans. Place the goodies on the bottom of the pan, then pour the beaten eggs and milk (usually one egg per serving size) over the top, and bake. Once it is no longer liquidy if you shake the pan, they're set!
 
I took them out, let them cool a little, and then used my heart cookie cutters to make various sizes. I stuck them in baggies and wrote little egg puns! "Omelet you be my Valentine" (that one's my favorite!), "Hugs and Quiches", "My Love is no Yolking Matter", and "You are an egg-cellent Valentine" ;)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy New Dining Room!

Easy Custom Tufted Bed

Easter/Halloween Baby Announcement!